Author Topic: What I have been working on.  (Read 1098 times)

Offline Andy

• The DDC Admin
  • DDCN Admin
  • Just goofing off...
  • View Gallery
    • The Day Dreamers Consortium Network
What I have been working on.
« on: April 29, 2014, 08:57:46 AM »

Screenshot of Nann's Hidden Pass

So I purchased some software called RPG Maker VX Ace. It is a stand alone 2D game development software. Out of the box it is a Final Fantasy 1 & 2 clone. So using all the stock graphics and music you don't get anything that looks unique or original.

For a novice like myself just learning how to make my ideas for a game a reality, this eases me in. Learning something new is hard. I found that using this software was no exception. At least until I settled down and started to get serious.

Just like with any goal in life you have to decide how much time and effort you are going to put into something. I can tell you this, on the game development side it can be pretty boring and disheartening. At the time of my writhing this short post I am currently at Pre-Alpha 1.08.

I post one update per week currently and move the version number up by .01 at a time. So next week, the version number will be Pre-Alpha 1.09. Out off all the time spent so far I have maybe 5 minutes worth of solid game play.

I added two helpers to my team. They help when they can. Which is a big help in itself. They give me feedback mostly, which is great. When your this close to a project, you don't always see it from another perspective.

My ultimate goal is to build something from start to finish that isn't horrible. Whether or not I make another game after this who can guess. It will really depend on my experience with this project.

I still haven't decided on a name for my game. Heck I haven't even decided on an over arching storyline yet.

So this is what I have been working on.

As always, I am looking for people to bounce ideas off of or play test what I am working on.

If interested hit me up on my forums or message me on Facebook.

Andy
The DDC Administrator
a lot of hard work goes into easy
The DDC Network