Poll

Did you find this article interesting ? (Log in to vote or comment)

Yes
1 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: SLIMMER, LIGHTER PS VITA COMING TO N. AMERICA  (Read 1193 times)

Offline Andy

• The DDC Admin
  • DDCN Admin
  • Just goofing off...
  • View Gallery
    • The Day Dreamers Consortium Network
SLIMMER, LIGHTER PS VITA COMING TO N. AMERICA
« on: February 11, 2014, 06:01:40 AM »

I have been waiting for the announcement that the new PS Vita Slim is coming to North America for a while. The initial release is bundled with Borderlands 2. 

It will come bundles with:
- PS Vita Wi-Fi model (PCH-2000 series)
- Borderlands 2 Limited Edition
- Borderlands 2 six DLC packs
- 8GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card for Borderlands 2 w/DLC
- New LCD 5" front touch screen (replaces OLED screen)
- Longer battery life of 4 to 6 hours up from 3 to 5 hours of game play
- Longer video playback of 7 hours up from 5 hours

For $199.99 (MSRP)

What's nice about the new Vita is it comes with 1GB internal memory. Anyone that owns a current Vita knows that while this is not a huge amount of storage, it will make things easier for the system settings.

A bundled 8GB memory card sweetens the deal. The average retail cost  for an 8GB card is $29.99 retail. Gamestop and Amazon seem to put them on sale often for around $18.00.

The new PS Vita is about 20% thinner and 15% lighter. Should make for easier traveling. The longer battery life might not seem like much but at least it's an improvement.

The upcoming PlayStation Now service makes the PS Vita ecosystem even more attractive. Being able to stream full console games directly to it without having to own a PS1, PS2 or PS3. No official announcements on PS4 games and PlayStation Now worth any merit yet. However if you have a PS4 you can stream games from your console with remote play.

All in all I have to say I am excited about the new thinner lighter version. Seems like a solid addition to the Vita family. A little dismayed by the OLED screen being replaced by the LCD screen. Other sites that have had hands on with the OLED and LCD version of the Vita say there is a huge difference in display quality. Since I have not had the chance to personally see the different myself I will hold my opinion for now.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 06:31:17 AM by Andy »
a lot of hard work goes into easy
The DDC Network