0 (0%)
3 Star
0 (0%)
4 Star
1 (100%)
5 Star
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: DDCN Movie Review: The Last Days on Mars 2013  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Andy

• The DDC Admin
  • DDCN Admin
  • Just goofing off...
  • View Gallery
    • The Day Dreamers Consortium Network
DDCN Movie Review: The Last Days on Mars 2013
« on: April 15, 2014, 02:39:31 PM »

The Last Days on Mars 2013
1hr 38m R

The Story: While a crew of astronauts on Mars waits for a ship that will return them to Earth, one discovers a strain of bacteria that turns humans into killers.

Director: Ruairi Robinson
Writers: Sydney J. Bounds (short story), Clive Dawson (screenplay)
Stars: Liev Schreiber, Elias Koteas, Romola Garai

What we thought: So I am not one to watch horror movies, but I love space science fiction. I wasn't really sure what to expect when I loaded this movie up. The Netflix description is pretty vague at best.

So "The Last Days on Mars" is about the search and exploration of life outside of earth. Earth's first manned mission to Mars.

After being there for six months with no discoveries, it was time to pack up and leave. As everyone prepares, crew member Petrovic discovers what he believe is the fossilized remains of some bacteria. He doesn't want to share his discovery with the others. Petrovic lies about why he needs to go back out and the movie unfolds from there.

What I really liked about this movie is how grounded it felt. Given the current standard of technology, this doesn't appear to be too far off.

The plot was believable and the setting looked authentic. It made me think, we can't be too far off from being able to do this.

It was sort of a let down where they went with how the bacteria effected the humans. I still found the movie very engaging and not over the top.

Well worth the watch for SciFi buffs. Others might not enjoy it, as it doesn't really live up to it's "HORROR" classification.

Watch it on:

The Review: Log in and cast your vote! Have an opinion submit a reply.

Like our Movie Review? Help support THEDDC.NET by using our Amazon Affiliate Links
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 02:54:03 PM by Andy »
a lot of hard work goes into easy
The DDC Network