Poll

Rate this Help Guide (must be logged in)

1 Star
0 (0%)
2 Star
0 (0%)
3 Star
0 (0%)
4 Star
0 (0%)
5 Star
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Sims Freeplay: Building a Life Point Farm  (Read 10011 times)

Offline Andy

• The DDC Admin
  • DDCN Admin
  • Just goofing off...
  • View Gallery
    • The Day Dreamers Consortium Network
Sims Freeplay: Building a Life Point Farm
« on: August 03, 2014, 06:30:18 AM »

Sims Freeplay: Building a Life Point Farm

If there is one issue in the Sims Freeplay, it is the lack of Life Points without spending real money to get ahead. Luckily, for the more experienced players this is not an issue. For the new players this can be a daunting task.

Life Points are used for all sorts of things. From completing tasks early, purchasing special items and making your Sim happy with a quick fix. In the beginning you'll want to be very specific what you spend your Life Points on. Until your farm is up and running, Life Points are far, few and in between.

If your new, make sure to try and work through the weekly tasks. Get those gold keys and hold out until you get 10 for the Fortune Box. Also save your Life Points as some of the beginning tasks will require you to purchase items that require Life Points.

Where to start: I prefer a wood working farm. Some people prefer a Ghost Hunting Farm. Let me explain the difference.

Ghost Hunting farms are easy to start, but the items used for Ghost Hunting have a cool down timer. This means you will need to dedicate at least one of your properties for Ghosting Hunting. Fill it with items that allow your Sim to ghost hunt. My issue comes in with the cool down timer and the fact you have to chase the ghosts around trying to tap on them to catch them. So make sure if you go the ghost hunting route have a property that has little to no furniture, one floor and open as much as possible.

Wood Working farms take more time and money to setup. To even access the wood working hobby you have to build the Community Center and the Promotion Center. Start with the Community Center first, then build the Promotion Center next. Build early, it will cost less. As you add additional Businesses, Work Places and Homes to your map the price rises each time for the next structure. Once your Community Center is built, assign one Sim to preform the Wood Working hobby till they reach max rank. Currently that is level 6.[/font]

(A quick note about hobbies. Collect all items and the final reward at
least once to unlock for all sims. This allows any sim to preform the hobby
without being be max level. This is key to build any hobby farm.
)

Once the woodworking hobby is fully unlocked and both buildings are built you're ready to begin. Purchase 10 woodworking benches from the Promotion Center. Pick a house to place them in. I normally add an extra building on the lot just for this. Make the building dimensions at least 8X10. Place 5 benches on either side and use double doors on either end. This will allow your Sims to not trip over each other as they move to the benches. Always use the quick practice which has a 10 minute timer. This allows you the best option for farming Life Points. It also allows you to have your Sims do other things without tying them up for hours. I have my Sims do woodworking between the hours they have to work or preform various weekly tasks.

A few words about spending Life Points. Save them for completing quests on time. Use them sparingly in the beginning. In my opinion the best use is for purchasing new houses. It costs 52 Life Points to purchase the best house that raises your town value the most. Do not start purchasing houses until you have opened all the Businesses and Work Places. This will help insure the best town value increase. The higher your town value the more money you get a day  ;D

Thanks for reading this guide. If you have any questions or comments,
reply to this thread or like us on Facebook and comment there.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 09:06:25 AM by Andy »
a lot of hard work goes into easy
The DDC Network

Offline Andy

• The DDC Admin
  • DDCN Admin
  • Just goofing off...
  • View Gallery
Re: Sims Freeplay: Building a Life Point Farm
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 04:45:05 PM »
Will be doing an update to this article. Starting a new Sims Freeplay game. New and revised Tips and Tricks will have a "Requirements" section for each tip and/or trick.
The DDC Network

Offline Deets

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 11:37:14 AM »
Will be doing an update to this article. Starting a new Sims Freeplay game. New and revised Tips and Tricks will have a "Requirements" section for each tip and/or trick.

I'm looking forward to reading the tips Andy.

Offline Andy

• The DDC Admin
  • DDCN Admin
  • Just goofing off...
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 06:55:23 AM »
This is a very old article. I have not worked on it in forever. The idea is solid if you play Sims Freeplay. With all the updates since I posted this article a lot has changed.
The DDC Network